A good workout routine is needed in weight training program. If you are a beginner of weight training program, you have to choose the right workout routine in order to get your goals of weight training. You can choose a workout routine by yourself and make sure that you can handle it well. As a beginner, you will find difficulty because the program is not usual for you. So, you must know the guidelines of workout routine and the recommendation of good workout routine for you. Here, will be explained about it.
The General Guidelines of Workout Routine for Beginner
Before starting the workout routine, a beginner has to follow the guideline to make sure the workout routine will be successful. The guidelines are;
- The workout will be hold at least 3 times per week.
- Low volume. The workout is not focus on high volume of muscle. It because for a beginner, the purpose of workout routine not to improve muscle volume, but improves the strength first.
- Full body split.
- It comprised of basic compound exercise and very little else.
- The variety of exercise is very little. The exercise will be limited, but should be done consistently.
- No advanced methods or techniques. For a beginner, workout routine focuses on some method and technique, but should be done consistently in few weeks.
- The focus on consistent progression.
The Example of Good Workout Routine for Beginner
After you have known about the guidelines, now you have to choose the right workout routine for you. Here, a recommendation for you.
You can do workout 3 times per week by following this schedule:
Monday-Workout A, Tuesday-Off, Wednesday-Workout B, Thursday-Off, Friday-Workout A, Saturday and Sunday-Off.
Monday-Workout B, Tuesday-Off, Wednesday-Workout A, Thursday-Off, Friday-Workout B, Saturday and Sunday-Off.
The workout covers:
- Squats; Do it 3 sets of 8-10 reps. Rest between sets about 2 minutes.
- Bench Press; Do it 3 sets of 8-10 reps. Rest between sets about 2 minutes.
- Rows; Do it 3 sets of 8-10 reps. Rest between sets about 2 minutes.
- Dead lifts; Do it 3 sets of 8-10 reps. Rest between sets about 2 minutes.
- Pull-Ups; Do it 3 sets of 8-10 reps. Rest between sets about 2 minutes.
- Overhead Shoulder Press; Do it 3 sets of 8-10 reps. Rest between sets about 2 minutes.
Now you have known about guidelines and an example of good workout routine. The example above is focus on consistent progression. You may not see the significant change in few weeks after you try the workout, but the change is very gradually. You can see it after you try the workout consistently. For the beginner, the good workout is not a workout that cause significant change suddenly, but the workout which makes the beginner know their competence in doing exercise and improves their strength step by step till they get the best result from exercise. If you want to try the workout routine above, make sure that you will be able to be patient about the result, because sooner or later the good workout routine will give you the result that you want.